Niigon Machines Ltd. is a global, Canadian based manufacturer of injection molding machines founded in 2008 by Robert Schad. Working with customers, suppliers, and mold makers, Niigon has developed a line of highly versatile injection molding machines that can be customized for a wide range of applications.
The company is built on the values of innovation, passion for excellence, uncompromising honesty, teamwork and contribution. Niigon offers a wealth of opportunity for growth and development for its 85 employees.
We are looking for team members who enjoy working as part of a team and are passionate about their work.
Niigon is currently searching for a Senior Mechanical Designer. The Senior Mechanical Designer is required to apply the principles of engineering, physics and material science for the development, design, analysis, manufacturing and maintenance of mechanical systems. He/she will team up with parties like suppliers, service, sales, and assembly for the successful introduction of products into a highly competitive market.
- Lead and establish project requirements and specifications with the Engineering team and other related disciplines
- Develop and evaluate/innovate design solutions based on expected performance, manufacturability, assembly, cost effectiveness and serviceability. Configure machines and create machine options.
- Design and create detailed drawings of mechanical components and assemblies. Independently complete and advise on FEA (finite element analysis), calculations and simulations. Initiate, create and review procedures and provide working instructions. Provide design proposals to internal and external stakeholders.
- Participate in first-off assemblies, validation, and present design to sales and production
- Discuss and solve problems with manufacturing, sub-contractors, suppliers, and customers
- Communicate with team members and external stakeholders
- Gather and analyze information to provide direction on design solutions
- Initiate continuous improvement activities for cost reduction, reliability and performance increase
Skills & Competencies:
- Reliable team player
- Brings a creative approach to provide innovative solutions to technical problems
- Proficient in 3D CAD including FEA (preferable Solidworks)
- Good understanding of manufacturing and machining processes
- Problem-solving and project management skills
- Motivated to solve technical challenges
- Experienced in Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Machining experience is an asset
Education & Experience Required:
- Graduate from a post-secondary Mechanical Engineering program, and/or equivalent related work experience
- 5-10 years of injection molding industry experience and/or previous design work
Please send your resume: hr [at] niigonmachines.com
Only candidates invited for an interview will be contacted.
Niigon Machines Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity and inclusiveness in all its work. We work proactively to be fair and reasonable in practice and to build diversity into our teams. Niigon welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.