Niigon is a global, Canadian based manufacturer of injection molding machines founded in 2008 by Robert Schad. Our diverse and innovative team includes people with vast industry experience as well as recent graduates. Team members are mechanically inclined, hands-on, enjoy challenging work and have a passion for excellence.
A career with Niigon offers a unique opportunity to be part of the design and marketing of cutting-edge products and services within a growing company.
The Junior Process Technician (Contract) applies technical skills to assist with production, quality, mold setup and maintenance. This includes machine/robotics set-up, tooling installation and adjusting process parameters to achieve target cycle times and product quality. This also includes the use of offline data analysis tools and measurement equipment to determine if the system meets functional and repeatability standards, and that the finished parts meet the customer’s dimensional and quality requirements. Please note, this is a temporary/contract position.
• Product handling and packaging
• Assist with installation and setup of molds and downstream part handling equipment
• Ensure finished part quality exceeds customer expectation
Skills & Competencies:
• A creative and innovative approach for generating new ideas
• General understanding of injection molding processing principles and practices
• Knowledge of injection molding equipment and related support systems
• Data analysis & interpretations skills
• Attention to detail
• Ability to work both on a team and independently
• Strong written and oral communication skills
Our core business hours are 8:00am to 4:30pm. This role will be required to work varying schedules such as 3x12 hour day/night shifts or 5x8 hour day/afternoon/night shifts. Shift schedules are subject to change and overtime may be required depending on production requirements.
Education: Post-secondary engineering-related college program an asset
Experience: 1+ years of experience in the plastic injection molding industry
Please email your resume, transcript and a written summary (1 page maximum) with the information below to hr [at] niigonmachines.com:
• The job opportunity you are interested in.
• Why do you want to join the Niigon team?
• What you are passionate about outside of work.
Niigon Machines Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity and inclusiveness in all its work. We work proactively to be fair and reasonable in practice and to build diversity into our teams. Niigon welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Only candidates invited for an interview will be contacted.