Niigon Machines Ltd. is a global, Canadian based manufacturer of injection molding machines founded in
2008 by Robert Schad. Working with customers, suppliers, and mold makers, Niigon has developed a line
of highly versatile injection molding machines that can be customized for a wide range of applications.
The company is built on the values of innovation, passion for excellence, uncompromising honesty,
teamwork and contribution. Niigon offers a wealth of opportunity for growth and development for
employees. We are looking for team members who enjoy working as part of a team and are passionate
about their work!
Niigon is currently searching for a Controls Designer to perform a variety of programming assignments
requiring knowledge of real-time programming to control industrial machines and automation systems.
You like programming, a lot. You are passionate about your work and industrial machines. You have the
ability to read, debug and suggest improvements to hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical circuits. You are
relentless in finding the best solution and to get to the bottom of things. You want to win and contribute
to the success of your team. You are an ambitious problem solver who likes to take on responsibility.
- Code, test and troubleshoot programs utilizing the appropriate hardware, programming
technology and test equipment
- Refine sequences and data structures and format final product
- Maintain and modify programs; make approved changes by amending flow charts; develop
detailed programming logic and coding changes
- Analyze performance of programs to correct deficiencies based on consultation with users
- Confer with users to understand the modification requirements of existing programs; resolve
questions of program intent, data input, output requirements, and including of internal checks
- Write and maintain programming documentation and technical instructions
- Document programming problems and their resolutions for future reference
- Act as a controls resources for other departments
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and Competencies:
- C or C++, IEC1131, any additional OOP language and concepts
- Experienced in programming projects with 100k lines of code and more
- Experienced in multi-task, multi-thread programming techniques
- Experienced in programming in real time environments
- Knowledge of B&R control systems are an asset
- Deep understanding of manufacturing processes and mechanical machines
- Ability to read electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic drawings
- A creative and innovative approach for generating new ideas
- Team player with the ability to work independently
- Strong communication skills (oral and written)
- Ability to travel internationally when required
- Have a valid driver's license
Education & Experience Required:
- Graduate from a post-secondary Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics Engineering program,
and/or equivalent related work experience
- 1-2 years of experience
- Injection Molding experience is an asset
Submit your resume to: hr [at] niigonmachines.com
Only candidates invited for an interview will be contacted.
Niigon Machines Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity and inclusiveness
in all its work. We work proactively to be fair and reasonable in practice and to build diversity into our
teams. Niigon welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations
are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.