Niigon is a Canadian based manufacturer of injection molding machines founded in 2008 by Robert Schad. Working with customers, suppliers, and mold makers, Niigon has developed a rugged, accurate, and flexible two-platen machine platform that features energy efficiency, process repeatability, and reduced mold maintenance.
Niigon offers a wealth of opportunity for growth and development for its employees. Departments work hand-in hand to continuously develop and improve our products. Our success is possible because of the passion, creativity and knowledge of our team members, always striving to “make it better” and never settling for “good enough”. We have high expectations of our team members. We look for individuals who are not afraid to get involved and take the lead with initiatives, sometimes pushing them outside of their comfort zone.
Our state-of-the-art manufacturing facility is centrally located in Vaughan, just 15 minutes north of Toronto’s Person International Airport. The facility features a fitness center, on-site cafeteria and a clean, fully serviced, safe work environment. We offer an excellent total compensation package, including RRSP matching, paid overtime and a comprehensive group benefits plan.
Niigon Machines Ltd. is currently searching for a Start-up/Test Technician to join our team. We are looking for dedicated individuals who thrive in a team-oriented environment. Successful candidates will have prior experience in starting up and initial testing of equipment, preferably but not necessarily injection molding equipment. The ideal candidate will have an in-depth knowledge of electro-mechanical systems, and troubleshooting of related issues. Knowledge of B&R controls is an asset. The ability to follow established procedures and complete checklists as a record of progress and completeness, is essential. Your practical experience is coupled with a high level of quality, workmanship and ownership, as you are essentially representing the customer to internal production teams.
If you have a passion for excellence, believe in uncompromising honesty and have a desire to make a positive contribution – then we want you on our Niigon Team!
The Start-up/Test Technician will start up and test the functions, options and special features of injection molding machines in a manner that ensures quality and on-time delivery to our customers.
• Initial start-up and testing of injection molding machines to ensure proper function and quality.
• Read and work from established procedures and engineering drawings, schematics or blueprints.
• Complete checklists during the start-up/testing process to ensure quality and completeness.
• Support the creation of checklist and procedures for new machine models and features.
• Assist with assembly, changes of components as required.
• Position and install parts, subassemblies and accessories using hand and power tools along with overhead hoists.
• Work effectively in a team with other technicians to achieve production and quality goals.
• Participate in the design and execution of quality assurance/reliability improvement activities.
• Write and/or presents regular progress reports to Team Leaders and other internal clients.
• Responsible for reporting problems or issues to Quality and Engineering departments in a professional manner.
• Maintenance duties as assigned.
• Demonstrate a high degree of housekeeping, organization and practice of 5S principles throughout daily work.
• Identify quality defects or issues and communicate with internal departments in an effective manner to achieve resolution.
• Understand and follow health and safety policies including the wearing of all required PPE.
• Represent Niigon in a professional manner at customer sites for retrofit, service work or issue resolution (may be required).
Qualifications & Skills:
• High school and/or post-secondary education in mechanics, hydraulics and/or electrical or certification in related studies.
• 5+ years as a start-up/test technician of injection molding equipment or other similar machinery.
• Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and problem solve a complex problem through a systematic approach.
• A strong knowledge of electrical and controls assembly.
• Take a systematic and detailed approach to moving through a set of pre-described checks and testing procedures.
• Computer skills with Microsoft Excel, Outlook and other programs are a definite asset.
• A team player who is able to perform independently to complete daily activities according to a work schedule.
• A creative and innovative approach for generating new ideas.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Demonstrated focus on the work provided, able to prioritize and complete tasks in a timely manner.
• Demonstrated initiative and a willingness to get involved, train others and support the team.
• Forklift and crane certification is an asset.
Our day shift is 8:00am-4:30pm. Overtime may be required at the start or end of shift depending on production requirements.
Niigon Machines Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity and inclusiveness in all its work. We work proactively to be fair and reasonable in practice and to build diversity into our teams. Niigon welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Please send a cover letter and resume (3 page maximum) to: hr [at] niigonmachines.com