Niigon Machines Ltd. is a global, Canadian based manufacturer of injection molding machines
founded in 2008 by Robert Schad. Working with customers, suppliers, and mold makers, Niigon
has developed a line of highly versatile injection molding machines that can be customized for a
wide range of applications.
The company is built on the values of innovation, passion for excellence, uncompromising
honesty, teamwork and contribution. Niigon offers a wealth of opportunity for growth and
development for its 85 employees.
If you enjoy working as part of team and have a passion for your work – then we want you on our
Niigon is currently searching for a Mechanical Designer. The Mechanical Designer is required to
apply the principles of engineering, physics and material science for the development, design,
analysis, manufacturing and maintenance of mechanical systems. He/she will team up with
parties like suppliers, service, sales, and assembly for the successful introduction of products into
a highly competitive market.
• Establish project specifications with the Engineering team and other related disciplines
• Develop design solutions and evaluate based on expected performance,
manufacturability, assembly and serviceability
• Design and create detailed drawings of mechanical components and systems
• Participate in first-off assemblies, validation, and present design to sales and production
• Discuss and solve problems with manufacturing, sub-contractors, suppliers, and
• Communicate with team members and external stakeholders
Skills & Competencies:
• Reliable team player
• Brings a creative approach to provide innovative solutions to technical problems
• Proficient in 3D CAD including FEA (preferable Solidworks)
• Good understanding of manufacturing and machining processes
• Problem-solving and project management skills
• Motivated to solve technical challenges
• Experienced in Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Machining experience is an asset
Education & Experience Required:
• Graduate from a post-secondary Mechanical Engineering program, and/or equivalent
related work experience
• Injection Molding and/or previous design work is an asset
If this position is of interest you, please email a written summary (3 pages maximum) with the
following information to hr [at] niigonmachines.com:
• The job title.
• Why do you want to join the Niigon team?
• The type of work you enjoy most.
• What you are passionate about outside of work.
• Your applicable education and experience.
• Languages spoken/written
• Contact information.
Niigon Machines Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity and
inclusiveness in all its work. We work proactively to be fair and reasonable in practice and to build
diversity into our teams. Niigon welcomes and encourages applications from people with
disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of
the selection process.
Only candidates invited for an interview will be contacted.