Established in 2008 by Robert Schad, former CEO and former major shareholder of Husky Injection Molding Systems. Niigon Machines Ltd. is built on strong culture as a family-owned private company that is headquartered near the Toronto International Airport.
Niigon has developed a market disruptive line of highly versatile hybrid injection molding machines that can be customized for a wide range of applications. The company employs approximately 85 team members, primarily engineers and is built on the promises of uncompromising honesty, teamwork, innovation and passion for excellence.
The Line / Prep Cook is required to assist the Chef in planning a healthy menu and in the preparation of daily meals for varying sized groups. The Line /Prep Cook will ensure the kitchen is clean, well maintained and organized at all times. Working hours are 8:00 am – 4:30 pm, Monday to Friday.
• Assist in daily meal preparation and planning
• Desire and ability to work as part of a team and individually
• Operating cleaning equipment and tools, including hand wash stations, dish washing machine, pot scrubbing station, etc.
• Ensure all cooking equipment is clean and in working order
• Ensure that dishes and utensils are clean and organized
• Ensure that the cafeteria is clean and organized at all times
• Wash and disinfect kitchen area daily
• Empty and maintain garbage and recycling stations
• All other related duties as required.
Skills and Qualifications:
• Food handling and preparation knowledge
• Understanding of the use and maintenance of kitchen dish room and equipment
• Knowledge of basic sanitation controls and purpose and use of cleaning supplies
• A friendly and personable attitude
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment
• Own your own set of knives
• High School Graduate or GED equivalent
• Completion of Culinary Arts or Chef training program is an asset
• Food Handlers Certificate is an asset
• Previous experience in a full service restaurant is an asset
Niigon Machines Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity and inclusiveness in all its work. We work proactively to be fair and reasonable in practice and to build diversity into our teams. Niigon welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Please send your resume and cover letter to: hr [at] niigonmachines.com