Niigon Machines Ltd. is a global, Canadian based manufacturer of injection molding machines founded in 2008 by Robert Schad. Working with customers, suppliers, and mold makers, Niigon has developed a line of highly versatile injection molding machines that can be customized for a wide range of applications.
The company is built on the values of innovation, passion for excellence, uncompromising honesty, teamwork and contribution. Niigon offers a wealth of opportunity for growth and development for its 85 employees.
If you enjoy working as part of team and have a passion for your work – then we want you on our Team!
Niigon Machines Ltd. is currently searching for an Electrical Assembly Technician. This position is responsible for the assembly of injection molding machine control cabinets and device wiring in a manner that ensures quality and on-time delivery to our customers.
• Provide high quality workmanship in the assembly of injection molding machines.
• Read and work from established procedures and engineering drawings, electrical schematics or blueprints.
• Complete checklists during the assembly process to ensure quality and completeness.
• Use semi-automated equipment to cut, strip, crimp and label wires prior to installation.
• Complete wire termination (crimping, soldering) using different styles of connectors per Engineering specification.
• Bolt, screw and fasten parts and components together using hand and power tools and equipment.
• Position and install parts, subassemblies and accessories using hand and power tools along with overhead hoists.
• Work effectively in a team with other technicians to achieve production and quality goals.
• Participate in the design and execution of quality assurance/reliability improvement activities.
• Write and/or present regular progress reports to Team Leaders and other internal clients.
• Report problems or issues to Quality and Engineering departments in a professional manner.
• Equipment maintenance and upkeep duties as required.
• Demonstrate a high degree of housekeeping, organization and practice of 5S principles throughout daily work.
• Understand and follow health and safety policies including the wearing of all required PPE.
• Represent Niigon in a professional manner at customer sites for retrofit or service work (may be required).
Qualifications & Skills:
• High school and/or post-secondary education in electrical and controls or certification in related studies.
• 2 - 5 years in related work experience in control cabinet assembly, wire and cable assembly.
• Knowledge of appropriate materials, methods and tools required in various assembly processes.
• Knowledge of electrical components and their functions.
• A creative and innovative approach for generating new ideas.
• Computer skills are an asset.
• A team player who is able to perform independently to complete daily activities according to a work schedule.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Problem solving skills.
• Ability to read electrical schematics and perform connections in accordance with these schematics.
• Demonstrated focus on the work provided, able to prioritize and complete tasks in a timely manner.
• Demonstrated initiative and a willingness to get involved, train others and support the team.
• Forklift and crane certification is an asset.
• May be required to lift up to 50lbs
Our core business hours are 8:00am-4:30pm. Overtime may be required at the start or end of shift depending on production requirements.
If this position is of interest to you, please email a written summary (3 pages maximum) with the following information to hr [at] niigonmachines.com:
• The job title.
• Why do you want to join the Niigon team?
• The type of work you enjoy most.
• What you are passionate about outside of work.
• Your applicable education and experience.
• Languages spoken/written
• Contact information.
Niigon Machines Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity and inclusiveness in all its work. We work proactively to be fair and reasonable in practice and to build diversity into our teams. Niigon welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Only candidates invited for an interview will be contacted.