Niigon's diverse and innovative team includes people with vast industry experience as well as recent graduates. Team members are mechanically inclined, hands-on, enjoy challenging work and have a passion for excellence. You earned top marks in university and thrive in a team environment.
A career with Niigon Machines offers a unique opportunity to be part of the design and marketing of cutting-edge products and services within a fast growing company.
The Controls Designer will perform a variety of programming assignments requiring knowledge of real-time programming to control industrial machines and automation systems.
You like programming, a lot. You are passionate about your work and industrial machines. You have the ability to read, debug and suggest improvements to hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical circuits. You are relentless in finding the best solution and to get to the bottom of things. You want to win and contribute to the success of your team. You are an ambitious problem solver who likes to take on responsibility.
- Code, test and troubleshoot programs utilizing the appropriate hardware, programming technology and test equipment
- Refine sequences and data structures and format final product
- Maintain and modify programs; make approved changes by amending flow charts; develop detailed programming logic and coding changes
- Analyze performance of programs to correct deficiencies based on consultation with users
- Confer with users to understand the modification requirements of existing programs; resolve questions of program intent, data input, output requirements, and including of internal checks and controls
- Write and maintain programming documentation and technical instructions
- Document programming problems and their resolutions for future reference
- Act as a controls resources for other departments
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and Competencies:
- C or C++, IEC1131, any additional OOP language and concepts
- Experienced in programming projects with 100k lines of code and more
- Experienced in multi-task, multi-thread programming techniques
- Experienced in programming in real time environments
- Knowledge of B&R control systems are an asset
- Deep understanding of manufacturing processes and mechanical machines
- Ability to read electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic drawings
- A creative and innovative approach for generating new ideas
- Team player with the ability to work independently
- Strong communication skills (oral and written)
- Ability to travel internationally when required
- Have a valid driver's license
Education & Experience Required:
- Graduate from a post-secondary Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics Engineering program, and/or equivalent related work experience
- Injection Molding experience is an asset.
Apply at: email@example.com
Niigon Machines Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity and inclusiveness in all its work. We work proactively to be fair and reasonable in practice and to build diversity into our teams. Niigon welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.