Established in 2008 by Robert Schad, former CEO and former major shareholder of Husky Injection Molding Systems. Niigon Machines Ltd. is built on strong culture as a family-owned private company that is headquartered near the Toronto International Airport.
Niigon has developed a market disruptive line of highly versatile hybrid injection molding machines that can be customized for a wide range of applications. The company employs approximately 85 team members, primarily engineers and is built on the promises of uncompromising honesty, teamwork, innovation and passion for excellence.
Niigon is currently searching for a Buyer/Manufacturing Engineer to support the Engineering and Purchasing departments through the design and procurement of machine parts, liaising with global suppliers to build and optimize the supply chain.
• Work closely with the Engineering department to best determine processing and manufacturing requirements for machine parts and fabrications, inclusive of advising on the design specifications
• Source and evaluate potential machining suppliers, assessing facilities and equipment; production processes and capabilities, lead times, quality, knowledge base, and overall fit with Niigon
• Develop and maintain effective relationships with suppliers to facilitate business transactions and timely issue resolution
• Monitor overall vendor performance, quality, and on-time delivery, addressing any issues and ensuring corrective action
• Some domestic and international travel is required
Skills & Competencies:
• In-depth knowledge of machining and fabrication techniques
• Demonstrated ability to build and maintaining strong business relationships
• Proven negotiation and issue resolution skills
• Oral and written communication skills
• Ability to organize and manage tight deadlines
• Team player
• • Engineering degree or technical diploma (or equivalent)
• • 10-15 years of in-depth experience in specialty machining and fabrication
• • Experience with machine production would be an asset
Niigon Machines Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity and inclusiveness in all its work. We work proactively to be fair and reasonable in practice and to build diversity into our teams. Niigon welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Please send your resume and cover letter to: hr [at] niigonmachines.com