Niigon Machines Ltd. is currently searching for an Assembly Technician to join our team.
Niigon is a Canadian based manufacturer of injection molding machines founded in 2008 by Robert Schad. Working with customers, suppliers, and mold makers, Niigon has developed a rugged, accurate, and flexible two-platen machine platform that features energy efficiency, process repeatability, and reduced mold maintenance.
The Assembly Technician is required to use a variety of hand and power tools while applying strong technical skills during the assembly of Niigon’s injection molding machines.
They are also required to display a high quality of workmanship while following established procedures during the manufacturing of these products.
• Provide high quality workmanship in the assembly of injection molding machines.
• Read and work from established procedures and engineering drawings, schematics or blueprints.
• Complete checklists during the assembly process to ensure quality and completeness.
• Bolt, screw and fasten parts and components together using hand and power tools and equipment.
• Position and install parts, subassemblies and accessories using hand and power tools along with overhead hoists.
• Work effectively in a team with other technicians to achieve production and quality goals.
• Participates in the design and execution of quality assurance/reliability improvement activities.
• Writes and/or presents regular progress reports to Team Leaders and other internal clients.
• Responsible for reporting problems or issues to Quality and Engineering departments in a professional manner.
• Maintenance duties as assigned.
• Demonstrate a high degree of housekeeping, organization and practice of 5S principles throughout daily work.
• Understand and follow health and safety policies including the wearing of all required PPE.
• Represent Niigon in a professional manner at customer sites for retrofit or service work (may be required).
Qualifications & Skills:
• High school and/or post-secondary education in mechanics, hydraulics and/or electrical or certification in related studies.
• 2 – 5 years in related work experience in manufacturing and/or a production environment.
• Knowledge of appropriate materials, methods and tools required in various assembly processes.
• A creative and innovative approach for generating new ideas.
• Computer skills are an asset.
• A team player who is able to perform independently to complete daily activities according to a work schedule.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Problem solving skills.
• Strong mechanical and tooling background.
• Demonstrated focus on the work provided, able to prioritize and complete tasks in a timely manner.
• Demonstrated initiative and a willingness to get involved, train others and support the team.
• Forklift and crane certification is an asset.
• Able to lift 40lbs.
This position is for our day shift (8:00am-4:30pm). Shift schedules are subject to change and overtime may be required at the start or end of shift depending on production requirements.
Graduate of a post-secondary trades program.
• 2-5 years of related work experience.
• Machine assembly, millwright or auto mechanic experience is an asset.
Niigon Machines Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity and inclusiveness in all its work. We work proactively to be fair and reasonable in practice and to build diversity into our teams. Niigon welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Please send your resume and transcript to: hr [at] niigonmachines.com